Wednesday, June 19, 2013

reading list and renewal

After too much thinking about all the fun things on which to write, I thought I'd just keep it simple. Unfortunately, even just a simple post took almost a year to write, or always sounded unbelievably trite (maybe that's just me, eh?). Or that I was trying to sell/complain/brag/ hunt for the next-best-thing which so few sites actually succeed in avoiding. So, here's a new approach. We'll see if i can keep it up. I had a thought today while running in the pouring rain of just posting pictures from my life. I hope to post something every day, but setting goals aren't one of my specialties (where hope comes in). Since I am fascinated by so many things this seems to make things difficult and I run out of time. Simple enough?

books george rr martin

I had the day off today. I was doing some reading. I like to read. These are books that I compiled from various zones around the house.

If you look closely, maybe you can guess what I have been getting myself into.
From top to bottom:
A little book by George R.R. Martin. A book about getting hitched. Incredible short stories by JG Ballard (heard about "The Drowned World" in an interview with Kode9 a long time ago- seriously out of print and it came to me one day after looking for it for a couple years). The dual-biographies of Deleuze and Guattari (just finished today- inspiration to write, write, write, write). A masterpiece of Analog synthesizer designs (always on my mind). And a book for figuring out how my circulatory system works under the stress of training (and also to help with that setting goals thing). Don't buy or read any of these books. They're all terrible for your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment