Wednesday, June 19, 2013

the new graffiti in the garden

I think graffiti is wonderful. I think when people try to cover it up, they do an amazing job as well. They obviously aren't as talented as the original artists themselves, especially with colors, but in a way create a completely new form of art without even knowing it- unconscious genius. This is one of my current favorite walls.
graffiti in the garden
If I were a graffiti artist, I would just paint in blocks of solid color. No name attached, just styyyle. It mimics the technique of those who cover up and also smears the line between the two conflicting parties- a seemingly never ending battle. Is it graffiti? Hmm.
I wouldn't cover up graffiti, just create some areas of color and texture on top of an unassuming blank wall.
graffiti in the garden

I also love stairways to nowhere.
graffiti in the garden
Especially when they have graffiti on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment